Tuesday 13 August 2013

Separate from Among Them

This morning I awoke with this verse on my thoughts:

"always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth". 2Timothy 3:7


This is something that, when I was first saved would remain heavy in my thinking when I was "studying to show myself approved". I wanted God to apply what I learned into my heart and soul and not just read and read to no avail. But if you examine the context of this verse, it is about the last days, and about the types of people we are to avoid.

Lynn posted a message by Arthur Pink on this topic, and it pierces the soul.

There is also a short audio clip on this sermon on Sermon Audio.

Solid warnings for times such as these. We can be "growing in the knowledge of the truth", or we can be wasting our time "ever learning" yet never arriving at the knowledge of the truth, having a form of godliness yet denying His power.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, however spam will be removed.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

If a comment is mocking or otherwise unfruitful it will be removed. If a comment is completely irrelevant to the post it likewise will be removed. If the post contains an audio or video teaching and it is obvious that the commenter has not listened to the presentation the comment may (or might not) be posted and I probably won't reply.