Wednesday 9 October 2019

Wise and Foolish Virgins

Jacob Prasch is a favourite Bible teacher of mine. I don’t agree with him on all points, however I cannot say that I agree 100% about anyone. The message about the ten virgins has always been somewhat problematic for me because I only heard it explained in a pretrib context and it just never rang true for me and although I understood the general idea of the wisdom in being wise and prepared, I felt I was missing part of what Jesus was getting at.

In this video Jacob explains the parable in light of what we can learn from the Song of Solomon (!)  which was very surprising, but it fits! 

The fact that the days are growing darker and darker and that good preaching is almost impossible to find anymore, I am thankful to have Jacob Prasch pass on the wisdom the Lord has graced him with. I hope you too will have plenty of oil in your lamp when the light goes out and persecution comes to where you live (if it hasn’t already).


3 comments:

  1. hello, i need to contact you about my site link posted on you blog by you, please remove it asap it's referred as (Useful Beautiful Home)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to fix the problem, I couldn’t edit the blog and was unable to add a comment to you about it, but I finally got it to work and removed your link. Thank you for your patience πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸΌ

      Delete
  2. May we be like the wise virgins, filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit, ready for the Bridegroom's return! Thanks for the post and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome, however spam will be removed.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

If a comment is mocking or otherwise unfruitful it will be removed. If a comment is completely irrelevant to the post it likewise will be removed. If the post contains an audio or video teaching and it is obvious that the commenter has not listened to the presentation the comment may (or might not) be posted and I probably won't reply.