Tuesday 7 May 2019

Does God Care?



 image from here

Yesterday some workmen came and trimmed two of the trees on our property, and removed another to make way for the repositioning of the power poles on our road. In the process two birds nests came down as well. One bird died immediately, and three others clung to life. A workman had gathered them up and put them all, including the dead one, in a planter area near our front door. It seemed that the two from the same nest found more comfort in staying close together, while the third stayed about a foot's length away from the other two, and all three had moved away from the dead one. It brought to mind a song I used to sing in church when I was a child:

1.
God sees the little sparrow fall,
it meets his tender view;
if God so loves the little birds,
I know he loves me too.

Refrain:
He loves me too, he loves me too,
I know loves me too;
because he loves the little things,
I know loves me too.

2.
He paints the lily of the field,
perfumes each lily bell;
if he so loves the little flow'rs,
I know he loves me well. [Refrain]

3.
God made the little birds and flow'rs,
and all things large and small;
he'll not forget his little ones,
I know he loves them all. [Refrain]

I was hoping the parent birds would somehow still care for their young. I saw them fly about and get very nervous when I was too close to their young.This morning I found that the remaining babies had died. It again reminds me of how fragile and temporary life is here, and that we are to use our time wisely.

Jesus said:
What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.   And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.   But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
--Matthew 10:27-33 

What a wonderful thing that God does care about every little thing, even tiny birds, and even caring about the number of hairs on our heads! And because He cares, He wants to use us to spread that good news with others, the good news that we being deserving of hell have been bought with the purchase price to save us from the penalty for our sins.

Praise God! He cared enough to die for us.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Aritha, God bless you and you are welcome!

      Delete
  2. Oh! Very sad about the baby birds. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. I would try to keep them alive, but I would be squeamish about smushing worms to feed them. Besides, I don’t think it would have worked. I really hoped the parent birds would still come to them and care for them. Sadly, they didn’t. 😔

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan,
    Sad to hear of the baby birds, but God knows all about it. Praise Him that He sent His only begotten Son to die for us, so that all who trust Him would have everlasting life.
    Thank you for the great post and God bless,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Laurie, thank you for your comment ❤️

      Delete
  4. yes, God care about everything....
    Thank you for your post. Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanza, it is comforting that He indeed does care, thank you for your comment ❤️

      Delete

Comments are always welcome, however spam will be removed.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

If a comment is mocking or otherwise unfruitful it will be removed. If a comment is completely irrelevant to the post it likewise will be removed. If the post contains an audio or video teaching and it is obvious that the commenter has not listened to the presentation the comment may (or might not) be posted and I probably won't reply.