Monday 8 April 2013

The Lord is Good

...and in my flesh dwelleth  NO GOOD THING (except God, His Holy Spirit, so I don't get credit for that):

  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.   For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Romans 7:18-19

That is the reason Jesus came to earth. He is the ONLY good person, truly good, that ever came to earth. He saves us from this terrible place, but while we are here we still deal with our sinful flesh, and the only good in us is what He does through us, and that comes from Him, not us, or we wouldn't need Him.

So when I feel terrible, or feel guilty, or depressed, I'm not even getting a fraction of what would be just punishment for me. It reminds me that I am sinful, that I am but flesh, and it reminds me that God alone is good and every man (including me) is a liar, a fraud, and every day when I sense the sinfulness of my flesh, it is because I know that what the Bible has already told me about it is true, and that one day the Lord will remove what He is creating in this dying sack of rotting flesh, what He has paid for with His life, even though I did not deserve it, not before being saved, and not now, after being saved. I cannot, and that isn't beating myself up, that's just being honest with myself, before God, and being thankful that He would love even such a wretch as I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, however spam will be removed.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

If a comment is mocking or otherwise unfruitful it will be removed. If a comment is completely irrelevant to the post it likewise will be removed. If the post contains an audio or video teaching and it is obvious that the commenter has not listened to the presentation the comment may (or might not) be posted and I probably won't reply.